With over 10 years of experience as a sought after speaker, Heather has traveled the United States and abroad sharing her messages with people of all ages. She is a very active volunteer in her community, working with organizations such as Mother’s Against Drunk Driving and the March of Dimes. She has successfully lobbied for legislation on the State and National level on behalf of both of the above groups.
Before stepping out into a full-time speaking career, Heather worked as a Prevention Specialist for the Baltimore County Bureau of Substance Abuse and the Young Driver Safety Program Coordinator for the Maryland Highway Safety Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Member of the National Speaker’s Association 2005
- Dale Carnegie Graduate – Award for Outstanding Presentation
- Broadcast Journalism School Graduate
- Miss America National Community Service Award
- Daily Point of Light #1322
- Presidential Service Citation
- Governor’s Volunteer and Service Award
- MADD 2000 Difference Maker
- JC Penny Golden Rule Award
- America’s Top Volunteer in Maryland
- Baltimore Sun “Bright Light”
- Giraffe Award from the Giraffe Project (for people who stick their necks out)