I am so excited about this week’s Free Lance Star column and the chance to introduce you to Bible art journaling and Illustrated Faith. For a quick explanation, hop on over to the Free Lance Star website and then come back over here for helpful links and resources to get you started. (This post contains affiliate links.)
- If you are as excited about this as I am and are looking to get started, the first place to go is to the Illustrated Faith website. Be sure to sign up for their newsletter. When you do you will receive a tools checklist. I love that they say that all you really need is a Bible and pen.
- For those planning on doing more in-depth illustrations, I highly recommend checking out Rebekah Jones’ site. She has been posting a weekly challenge using different art techniques and process videos all year. Even better, she has been sharing amazing insights about what God is teaching her through her study.
- Love stamping? You can purchase stamp sets and accompanying devotionals at the Illustrated Faith Etsy Shop. Be sure to read through the product comparison posts over at the Illustrated Faith blog to be sure you use an ink that is compatible with thin Bible pages.
- You can find thousands of other believers who are expressing their new found way to worship God on social media. On Facebook, look for the Journaling Bible Community. You can also find Illustrated Faith on Instagram and Twitter.
- Below, I have included links to some of my favorite products to use. I truly believe that we should not be covering up any of God’s word, so everything I use is either transparent or meant to be used in the margins. You will find that most journaling Bibles are sold out everywhere at the moment. Thankfully, they are scheduled to be back in stock mid-June.
- Finally, check back here every Friday as I will be sharing one of my illustrations and what God taught me through the process.
If this new way to worship God has struck a chord with the creative side of you, please let me know in the comments below. I am hoping to coordinate several Illustrated Faith meet-ups this summer. If you are local, I would love for you to join us!
Make sure to subscribe so that you don’t miss any of the fun!