In this week’s Free Lance-Star column, I share about my recent experience helping my daughters through their doubts about God and Christianity and I how I overcame my own season of spiritual doubt.
You can read that column by clicking here Doubt is just part of journey to God.
The resources listed below were an incredible help to me when I started to struggle with doubt in all that I had been told was true. I have also included the books that I am currently reading with my daughters to help them through this season.
One of the most difficult things I have faced as a parent is my daughters questioning their faith. I have told them that I will help them in their search for evidence, but that at some point they have to make a decision in their heart to take a leap of faith and just say, “I believe, help my unbelief.”
Finally, when we are faced with doubt, the most important resource we can rely on is prayer. God was faithful to answer my prayers to help me overcome my own unbelief and I am trusting that He will also be faithful to answer my prayers for my children.
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel – The Case for Christ records Lee Strobel’s attempt to “determine if there’s credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God.”
- The Case for Christ for Kids by Lee Strobel
- Below is a video of a presentation by Lee Strobel based on his book.
My “BC” body. BC stands for BEFORE CHILDREN!
In last Saturday’s Free Lance-Star column, I shared about my struggle with body image since the birth of my four daughters. Three babies in four years really takes a toll on a woman. Especially when those pregnancies are high-risk and end in c-sections. A surprise “advanced maternal age” pregnancy five years later did nothing to help the situation.
Those jeans may not be size twos, but I wouldn’t trade them for all of the joy these four little people have brought into my life.
Visit the Free Lance-Star website to read the column: We are all flawless in God’s eyes. When you are finished, I would love for you to come back here and join the conversation in the comments below.
Question: How have you allowed your outward appearance to define your inward worth? What truths have you applied to your life that have allowed you to see yourself as you really are – flawless?
Hi! I hope you are enjoying your summer so far! I am revamping my website and am testing out a new subscription service with this post. Hopefully you will get it. When you do, feel free to delete.
Thank you for joining the Reclaiming Our Royal Inheritance community!
In today’s Free Lance Star column I share the story of Elisabeth Elliot and her amazing life. You can read that here – Free Lance-Star Column.
For those that would like to know more about this incredible woman, visit the resources below.
- At The End of the Spear – the trailer to the theatrical dramatization of the events that took place with the Auca Indians in Ecuador.
- Beyond the Gates of Splendor – the trailer for a documentary that was made to accompany the movie
- Through Gates of Splendor – Elisabeth’s book about the life and death of her husband and four other missionaries in Ecuador. I highly recommend this book. It is a must read for every Christian.
- Elisabeth Elliot tribute – a wonderful tribute published by the Gospel Coalition. Includes voice recordings of two of Elisabeth’s presentations.
This week’s Free Lance-Star column was a very difficult one to write. I know that my opinion will not be a popular one among many Christian circles, but I feel very strongly that we must be ever vigilant for any deviations from the teaching of Christ.
You can read my column here. I do feel the need to make one thing clear. I do not write the headlines for my columns and I do not see them until they are printed. This particular headline suggests that the Duggars are not Christians. Something that I do not agree with in the least.
If the Duggars believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins and rose from the grave conquering death, they are saved and will spend eternity in heaven. Our behavior does not secure our place in Christ’s Kingdom, His sacrifice for our sins did that. It is just up to us to accept that free gift.
Here are a few of the promised resources. I will be adding more here in the days to come, so check back later in the week.